M. Quinn Designs is a full service design source specializing in the Senior Marketplace. Every project starts with a thorough analysis of the client needs. Emphasis is placed upon identifying and satisfying the customer’s expectations. With over thirty years of experience, we address all aspects of space planning, design and construction. The M. Quinn Designs staff assesses the client’s existing situation and proposed new environment to determine how their current furnishings and accessories can be best utilized and how their personal effects can be efficiently and accessibly stored in the new space. To address the unique needs of clients, the design team customizes the concept of “Universal Design” in the execution of its interior and lighting design projects. Through our Pack-N-Move™ service, we take care of the moving, storage and set-up of your household goods and personal effects—both for construction and permanent relocation.
M. Quinn Designs was founded in 1985 in Minneapolis, Minnesota, where it provided residential, hospitality, retail and contract design services. The firm specialized in lighting design and energy-efficient spaces. It was the winner of an Edison Award for the lighting of Scholes Fine Art Showroom. It was awarded an Illuminating Engineering Society award for the innovative lighting of Gloria Jean’s Coffee Bean, a retail kiosk in Minneapolis. Another area of expertise is art curation as exemplified by the development of a French Impressionist art collection for a hotel in Green Bay, Wisconsin. Other projects of note were the designs for the common spaces of Maranatha Homes, a senior living complex; the concept designs for First Wisconsin Bank, and the Design for Kalika a compact retail space, which received a design award from the American Society of Interior Designers (ASID).
Since establishing its Northern Virginia offices in 1992, M. Quinn Designs has specialized in accessible design. It was a member of the International Furnishings and Design Association (IFDA) team that designed and furnished the Kennedy Institute group home for adults with developmental disabilities. In 2007, the firm established the Pack-N-Move™ service which handles lifestyle transitions, relocations, downsizing and adaptation of spaces to meet the resident’s individualized accessibility requirements. In June 2008, M. Quinn Designs completed the “Innovative Model of Living,” an efficiency apartment in the Vinson Hall Retirement Community of McLean, Virginia. The model illustrates the incorporation of accessibility features in a retrofit environment and the use of multiple lighting techniques to demonstrate how good lighting can mitigate the effects of some visual impairment.
Senior Transition Coaching Services
Lifestyle transition consulting
- Evaluate aging in place versus moving
- Compare costs and lifestyle options
- 35 years of design, relocation, accessible design transitions
Aging in Place
5 Star Universal Design Company
- Interiors designed for your specific physical accessibility needs
- Facilitating installation of safe environments including the following: Grab bars, stair lifts, elevators, ramps, lighting for aging eye
- Is the best place your existing home or a new home that meets your needs?
Evaluating the Aging Eye
40 plus years of designing environments using the latest technology
- Experts in the aging eye- Innovators of custom lighting systems
- Designing safe lighting environments for clients with Macular Degeneration and Glaucoma
Full service move: Pack-Move-Unpack™
- Inventory- a log of what you are keeping, selling, donating, giving to family
- Every move is a designed working in collaboration with professional interior designers
- Gabriel our mascot tells the story- “you’ll have your beds made, art hung and BE SET TO LIVE!”
STAGING FOR SUCCESS™
Getting your house ready for a quick sale
- Providing all services necessary to improve the interior and exterior: Remodeling to ready the house for sale including: painting, floors, plumbing, code requirements, window washing, cleaning and landscaping.
- All furniture, lighting fixtures, artwork, window treatments, linens and accessories are provided to present your residence in the best staged light!!